[scribus] Limited colour palette in 1.3.9

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Dec 10 07:20:36 CET 2010

hi

> > The coluor palette in 1.3.9 is very small, unlike all the colours in
> > version 1.3.3.14.
> >
> > I have installed ICC profiles and activated colout management - has
> > this affected how many colours are available? Also in the colours
> > that are available some have a small triangle alert sign next to it
> > - what does this mean?
> >
> > I'm trying to change the colour of the text in a heading to a pale
> > grey and there is no grey available to select at all.
> >
> > Please can someone shed some light on this for me.
> >
> Hi Lisa,
>
> Scribus still has a number of palettes, and an enlarging number at
> that.
>
> Here is the "trick":
>
> With no document open, go to Edit > Colors. Now you will see an
> ability to choose a Color Set to your liking, one of which will be
> the one you're used to from 1.3.3.14, plus quite a number of others.

i have one question to you (plural).

we keep on reading about people looking for a larger color palettes -- in most cases simply because they were used to have them in previous versions of scribus.

the answers given mostly focus on how to activate larger palettes.

in relation to your own workflow, shouldn't we rather explain them how to create new colors from the full set?
and shouldn't scribus rather try to make it even easier for them to find out about creating new colors?

ciao
a.l.e