[scribus] An image on a double page

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 00:11:47 CET 2010

2010/12/10 John Ghormley KJ4UFG <kj4ufg at sera.org>

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Marie-Noëlle Augendre <
> mnaugendre at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > I'm currently working on a photos book.
> > On each page, I usually have 1 to 6 - sometimes more - images.
> >
> > But I would also like to display some photos on a double page. Is there a
> > way to do this easily?
> >

> Have you considered what sort of binding your book will have?  There are
> bindings that fairly well accommodate a center-fold, double page photo, but
> those are generally bindings used with magazines.  If your book is many
> pages, the binding my cause significant detail near the center of the photo
> to be hidden from view in the binding.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's why the inside margin is defined for.

> Also,  your printer should be the one to tell you how she/he can best
> handle
> your input to her/him with regard to page layout format.

I think I have all the necessary information, and have defined the document
settings accordingly.

The question is: can Scribus manage automatically an image frame on two
opposite pages? That means cuting the frame in two parts, keep them align,
and keep the inside margin empty.
If not, I will have to handle it manually.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>