[scribus] scribus 1.3.3.14

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 23:14:47 CET 2010

On 12/08/2010 02:44 PM, William Capistran wrote:
> I downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 (from sourceforce).   AFTER downloading, a window comes up (scribus on windows-read me) instructing me that BEFORE downloading software, I must download Ghostscript. They don't indicate which Ghostscript to pick from a vast list other that it must at least ghostscript 8.60+ also says that it must contain gswin32cexe not (gswin32exe).  After guessing which ghostscript option to choose as there is no gswin32cexe option nor link to gswin32cexe from what I did pick, I'm natually left wondering, what the freak!  So, is it too late to download Ghostscript AFTER I donwloaded scribus, what ghostscript to select, and what is ghostscript that it isn't included in the scribus 1.3.3.14 free download?

You can install ghostscript later:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Ghostscript#Installing_Ghostscript_on_Windows
>       Qestion 2:  I have Windows Vista with WordPad, is scribus compatible?  And when I untimately and successfully download everything that needs to be downloaded to obtain scribus 1.3.3.14, how to I begin to transfer what is in my WordPad documents into the desktop publishing mode?
There is no problem with Windows Vista and Scribus.
Scribus can handle both plain text and also Word documents (.doc
extension). If you import Word documents all formatting will be lost.

Greg