[scribus] scribus 1.3.3.14

William Capistran 6778225 at centurylink.net
Wed Dec 8 20:44:26 CET 2010

I downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 (from sourceforce).   AFTER downloading, a window comes up (scribus on windows-read me) instructing me that BEFORE downloading software, I must download Ghostscript. They don't indicate which Ghostscript to pick from a vast list other that it must at least ghostscript 8.60+ also says that it must contain gswin32cexe not (gswin32exe).  After guessing which ghostscript option to choose as there is no gswin32cexe option nor link to gswin32cexe from what I did pick, I'm natually left wondering, what the freak!  So, is it too late to download Ghostscript AFTER I donwloaded scribus, what ghostscript to select, and what is ghostscript that it isn't included in the scribus 1.3.3.14 free download?
     Qestion 2:  I have Windows Vista with WordPad, is scribus compatible?  And when I untimately and successfully download everything that needs to be downloaded to obtain scribus 1.3.3.14, how to I begin to transfer what is in my WordPad documents into the desktop publishing mode?