[scribus] Announcement: Scribus 1.3.9 released

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Dec 5 22:28:09 CET 2010

>> sudo passwd root myfavoritepassword
>>
>>> From that day forward I can sign on as root, just like a real adult
>> who has 42 years of computer programming and operation under his
>> belt.
>> No more typing sudo all over the place.
>>
>> passwd is not a misspelling in this
>

> However nobody would recommend running as root
>
> Don't do it, it's like running Windows. Eew, bad for your PC's health.
>
> Craig

Once upon a time, I built my own linux via the lfs project. I had
trouble adding a user so I ran it as root all the time.

It was a great way to go and I had so much fun, my confidence grew,
but then I did the dreaded rm -rf at the wrong place.

It took me months to recover.

Craig's advice is good.

I *hate* saying sudo, it's another 4 key strokes plus the password,
but having been punished once, I will live with it.

--
Owen