[scribus] Headlines

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Fri Dec 3 19:28:10 CET 2010

J.J.Jordan replied:
>>How can I get headlines automaticly. I should like a tool where I
>> can
>>make a headline that automatic will change all the headlines.
>>I make a monthly magazine and in the headlines we put the name of
>> the
>>month.Perhaps you can help me.
>>I hope the English Iused is clear enough.
>>Thank You.
>
> It sounds as if you need to find out about styles. You can create a
> text style that sets the specific font, point size, and many, many
> more
> attributes. Then you just click on each headline and apply the
> style.
> Thus, each headline will have the same appearance. If you want to
> change the appearance of all the headlines, just edit the style and
> all
> the headlines will automatically be reformatted.

I didn't understand his problem that way. It seems he wants
something that will automatically change the MONTH in the headline
for each new issue. A paragraph style won't do this, it will just
apply the style to each headline and if you make a change to the
style, it will automatically be applied to every paragraph using
that style.

I'm a total dummy when it comes to scripting, but my guess is that a
script could be written that would automate these changes.

You're completely right about the usefulness of paragraph styles.
People new to DTP absolutely *must* learn to use styles and not just
ad hoc paragraph formatting.
--Judy M.
   USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 SOHO