[scribus] Organizing pictures before inserting them in a book

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 08:30:53 CET 2010

I'm a real beginner in DTP, and have just created a little photo books of 40
pictures with Scribus.

Now, I want to work on a larger project involving about 200-300 photos, and
I'm looking for a tool to organize the photos before actually putting them
in Sribus pages. I would like to display as many photo thumbnails as
possible in a window, and be able to sort them manually. When I'm satisfied
with the order, I will have to register it someway (renaming the files is
possible), so I only have to import them, one by one, in image frames in
Scribus.

>From what I saw, Scribus images manager only allows sorting by filename or
document page. Unless there is a function I have not yet discovered? Or a
plugin, may be?
Or somebody can give hints about other tools I could use, or other ways to
do the job?

Thanks for helping,
Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>