[scribus] Organizing pictures before inserting them in a book

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Dec 2 13:13:26 CET 2010

bonjour marie-noëlle,
> I'm a real beginner in DTP, and have just created a little photo books of 40
> pictures with Scribus.
>
> Now, I want to work on a larger project involving about 200-300 photos, and
> I'm looking for a tool to organize the photos before actually putting them
> in Sribus pages. I would like to display as many photo thumbnails as
> possible in a window, and be able to sort them manually. When I'm satisfied
> with the order, I will have to register it someway (renaming the files is
> possible), so I only have to import them, one by one, in image frames in
> Scribus.
>
> > From what I saw, Scribus images manager only allows sorting by filename or
> document page. Unless there is a function I have not yet discovered? Or a
> plugin, may be?
> Or somebody can give hints about other tools I could use, or other ways to
> do the job?

interesting task...

i've googled a bit and found two possible solutions:

- with geeqie allows to create collections (geeqie is the image
previewer i normally use... so i may be interested in digging into this
way...)
- http://www.sign-el-soft.hu/cgi/ng-xim.en.html
- krename

since i'm not on my home computer i could not test any of those
solutions... but i will test geeqie as soon as possible.

i could also think of a solution using openoffice (i've created a very
effective "maquette" builder with oo.org.

so: there are some possible solutions.

in order to give you further advices, i guess i should know more about
the project (like: how many picture per page?)

ciao
a.l.e