[scribus] Akademy invitation

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 18:42:35 CEST 2010

On 4/11/10, Christoph Schäfer wrote:

>> Why did this mail reach the mailing list at all? It's basically a user
>> support list after all.
>
> It is the Scribus mailing list, and you would have to ask the author of the
> mail why he chose to send his invitation to this list. I don't see any
> problem here, and I hope you don't suggest we add a filter to suppress
> invitations to conferences ;)

I wouldn't dream of suggesting something like this :), but results of
posting to a public list instead of contacting privately are
predictable due to a number of horrible precedents like [1]. Therefore
my dark sarcasm.

To the best of my knowledge avox already participated at aKademy some
years ago. Now, I'm not a team member, so my opinion doesn't really
count, but I don't see why one of developers couldn't attend aKademy.
Even if you don't end up optionally using some KDE stuff, you are
doomed to meet some Qt developers in person there, and I bet that you
have a whole lot of questions and suggestions. Personally I'd rather
see some CMS guys there to get the blasted color management module
finished and merged to mainstream KDE (yes, I'm a happy GNOME Color
Management user, but so what?).

[1] http://www.blendernation.com/microsoft-emails-blender-about-file-format-support/

Alexandre