[scribus] Scribus Styles

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Apr 1 07:09:01 CEST 2010

> Submitted on 04/01/2010

>      Email Address: etkit1 at gmail.com

> I need to extract information from Scribus SLA files and store it in
> custom
> XML format.  I note that Scribus supports named styles. I tried
> flipping
> between two named styles on a text frame and found that the "CAB"
attribute
> of the ITEXT node changes.  However, it is not easily apparent to me
that the
> individual Style nodes have a unique numeric attribute which is
being
> referenced in CAB or elsewhere.  Where can I get detailed
print-ready
> information on the Scribus XML format?
>
> p.s. - I am new to the world of DTP so forgive me if my questions
appear
> naive.  Could someone clarify the following
>
> Scribus does not have the word processor concept of  a paragraph?
>
> Finally, more by way of an observation - it strikes me as being odd
that
> Scribus does not choose to group nodes such as  <STYLE> <COLOR>
inside
> parent node - logically called <STYLES> and <COLORS>.

This may, or may not be of some use to you

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/File_Format_Specification_for_Scribus_1.4

Note also http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Word_Processing_vs_DTP
I suspect it is fairly pointless comparing apples with oranges.
Nevertheless, in what way do you see a Word processor paragraph style
being lacking in Scribus?

You may wish to join the mailing list. Below is the footer on each
email from the mailing list.

scribus mailing list
scribus at lists.scribus.net