[scribus] Scribus Styles

FredAt etkit1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:13:17 CEST 2010

Submitted on 04/01/2010
Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.6.26]

Submitted values are:

   Your contact information:
     Name: FredAt
     Email Address: etkit1 at gmail.com
   About your Scribus program:
     Version: 1.3.3.14svn
     Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
     Build Date:
   Your operating system and CPU:
     Type: Windows
     Version: 2000/XP
     CPU type: 32bit  Intel/AMD (i386)
   Your request content:
     Subject: Scribus Styles
     Message:
Hello All,

I need to extract information from Scribus SLA files and store it in a custom
XML format.  I note that Scribus supports named styles. I tried flipping
between two named styles on a text frame and found that the "CAB" attribute
of the ITEXT node changes.  However, it is not easily apparent to me that the
individual Style nodes have a unique numeric attribute which is being
referenced in CAB or elsewhere.  Where can I get detailed print-ready
information on the Scribus XML format?

p.s. - I am new to the world of DTP so forgive me if my questions appear
naive.  Could someone clarify the following

Scribus does not have the word processor concept of  a paragraph?

Finally, more by way of an observation - it strikes me as being odd that
Scribus does not choose to group nodes such as  <STYLE> <COLOR> inside a
parent node - logically called <STYLES> and <COLORS>.

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/381