[scribus] Vertical align of text / aligning text with horizontal lines

Timothy J Massey tmassey at obscorp.com
Wed Sep 30 20:59:47 CEST 2009

Timothy J Massey <tmassey at obscorp.com> wrote on 09/30/2009 02:23:34 PM:

> Yeah, so far that's the best I've been able to come up with.
> Unfortunately, that's 100% manual--especially as it seems that lines
don't
> snap to guidelines!!!  And not even a Paste Multiple where I could at
> least avoid having to type in *some* of the numbers...  :(

I'm here to correct my e-mail.

There is Paste Multiple -- but called Multiple Duplicate under the *Items*
menu.  (I did Google for it, but didn't know the new term, and I was
looking under the Edit menu.)

And it does seem that lines kinda-sorta do snap to gridlines on certain
occasions--but in a manner that I can't seem to figure out in any type of
pattern.  Plus, the dotted-line drawing when you move lines is *very*
unpredictable on my screen (Win32).

It's still really very rough, but it's not as bad as I thought it was.
This might actually be workable!  :)

Tim Massey