[scribus] Vertical align of text / aligning text with horizontal lines

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Sep 30 18:38:44 CEST 2009

hi timothy j,

> I'm new to Scribus but not new to DTP.  I'm trying to create your
> standard fill-in paper form.  You know:

> Address: ________
> Telephone: ______

is there any reason why you aren't putting the fields in one single field and -- maybe -- align them to the baseline grid?

one alternative, if you want several fields, is to put guides at the same height as your lines and then manually align the baseline of the text to the guide.

but, i agree: it would be nice if scribus would snap the baseline of each line to the guides, not only the frame borders.
not trivial to do right, but it may also not be very hard to implement, since the baseline can already snap to the baseline grid!

i guess it's worth a feature request...

ciao
a.l.e