[scribus] Superscript problem

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Sep 18 00:47:43 CEST 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:06:37 -0700
Clay Fouts <goatlove at khephera.net> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I'm experiencing a problem with Scribus' rendering of superscript
> characters in a specific document. In the story editor any superscript
> characters render as expected with the super's base resting near the
> mean line. However, in the document display and in the PDF doc the
> super characters are resting on the baseline. This happens with any
> font and in any style (or no style) throughout the document. I can
> bring up a fresh document and everything renders as expected all the
> way through to the target PDF.
>
> Here is my installation info:
> Scribus Version 1.3.5.1
> Build ID: C-C-T-F-Q-Mac/Aqua
> Using Ghostscript version 8.64
>
> Where is a good starting point to figure out what is causing this?
> Thank you for any tips or leads. I'm happy to provide further details,
> of course.

I think the problem is that what is done in the story editor does not
necessarily get transferred to the text box. This maybe an Ubuntu
issue for me, and as a work around let me suggest;

Go to the text box, select "Edit contents of frame" icon

Highlight the character you wish to superscript

Get the Properties dialog up

Select Text->Color and Effects

Press the superscript icon

Note that in File->Document Setup->Typography, you can set the
properties of the superscript.

Owen