[scribus] Superscript problem

Clay Fouts goatlove at khephera.net
Wed Sep 16 00:06:37 CEST 2009

Hi, all.

I'm experiencing a problem with Scribus' rendering of superscript
characters in a specific document. In the story editor any superscript
characters render as expected with the super's base resting near the
mean line. However, in the document display and in the PDF doc the
super characters are resting on the baseline. This happens with any
font and in any style (or no style) throughout the document. I can
bring up a fresh document and everything renders as expected all the
way through to the target PDF.

Here is my installation info:
Scribus Version 1.3.5.1
Build ID: C-C-T-F-Q-Mac/Aqua
Using Ghostscript version 8.64

Where is a good starting point to figure out what is causing this?
Thank you for any tips or leads. I'm happy to provide further details,
of course.

Clay