[scribus] Linux vs Windows for Scribus ?

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Tue Sep 15 02:23:19 CEST 2009

John wrote:
> Downloaded [VectorLinux] again, installed again and this time it
worked. It has
> both Scribus 1.3.3.12 and Inkscape 46.  I still have lots of clean
> up to
> do, like getting on line and installing kmail, but now I can report
> positive experience.

Scribus 1.3.3.13 should be available in the repos in a few days. I'm
a volunteer packager and have created a tlz package for Scribus
1.3.3.13. I have to submit it to the packagers' board and if it
passes inspection, it will be posted in the VL testing repo. After
there is enough feedback, it'll be moved to the regular repos.

Next I'll tackle 1.3.5. After that it'll be Fontmatrix. I had hoped
to get 1.3.3.13 and 1.3.5 packaged months ago but I had too many
interruptions during the summer.
--Judy M.
   USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 Standard, Deluxe Edition