[scribus] Windows 95 version

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:35:03 CEST 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Bryan Alexander wrote:

> Thanks so much for all the posts and ideas!  I think I'll try Linux and see how it will run...

For older PCs I'd recommend an XFCE based distro. Since Ubuntu was
mentioned, that would be Xubuntu.

We (ALT Linux) do an XFCE based distro (called Lite) especially for
schools where all kinds of 90s hardware is still heavily used. IIRC it
requires at least 64 Mbyte of RAM for installation. Unfortunately some
clever bugger decided to ship it with Scribus 1.3.4 which was IMO a
disaster :)

Alexandre