[scribus] explanation of previous query & LittleCMS

Robert Marma robert_marma at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 7 23:20:10 CEST 2009

Greg [or whoever is willing to offer advice],
  Boy, you guys are fast!  :-)   I never expected anyone to respond to my inquiry so quickly.  I think you might have misunderstood what I intended to convey.  Using Scribus, I plan to insert the digital photos that I take into the newsletter, laying them out with the article text, and then bring the edited and proofed masters to a copying service--at least initially.  When the ministry and the newsletter grow in size, we can consider outsourcing the repro work to a commercial print shop.  At that point, I guess I won’t be able to avoid having to deal with ICC profiles, since I would imagine the print shop would expect it.
  While I’ve got your attention, I wanted to ask one more question if I may:  What about LittleCMS in Scribus?  Will I be able to achieve a decent color balance for my photos [and possibly other graphic images] using this utility, without having to concern myself with externally applied profiles, even if it involves a little trial and error?  Anyway, thanks again.
Bob