[scribus] Wrong emphasis

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 6 21:16:57 CEST 2009

On 09/06/2009 02:39 PM, W. Anderson wrote:
> It is easy for the discussion of running Scribus on either GNU/Linux
> or Windows to deteriorate into meaningless and senseless arguments,
> unless one reverts to the fundamental aspect of the question.
I don't see these discussions necessarily deteriorating, which would
imply some progressive decline in quality. Rather, interspersed between
some personal useful bits of information are offshoots of personal
opinions for which there is no apparent logical basis. There are
advantages with Linux for those that want to take advantage of the
developing edge of Scribus, and bugfixes.

At the same time, while there are many options, one does need to choose,
even if choosing means staying with ones current OS. Part of making a
sensible choice may include soliciting opinions from actual users of the
various options.

Greg