[scribus] What is Signal 6?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 00:39:03 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Scribus 1.3.5 RC3 on Ubuntu Jaunty x86_64.
>
> I am getting "Scribus crashed due to signal 6."
>
> I have a long document of 98 MB that I need to make some modifications
> to. It is kind of painful to work in this document because Scribus is
> so slow with it. The document is composed of student exercises, each of
> which varies from one or two pages to eight pages. So I created new
> documents for each of the six exercises that I need to modify, setting
> each up with the same document setup as the original (margins, grid,
> etc.). Then I opened the original document and navigated to each
> exercise, copying the text frames for each exercise into the new
> document for that exercise. As soon as each new document had the frames
> and text that I needed to modify I saved the new document and closed
> it. My plan is to do the modifications in the new small documents, then
> copy and paste the text back into the frames in the original document.

As a work around, can you save the original document under a new name,
then delete the pages you don't need so that you are only left with the
ones that you need ?

Cheers, J/.
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor