[scribus] Colour Profiles

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 22:19:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM, davecs <d4vecs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Didn't find the doc very helpful, as the process for setting the monitor
> just showed that it's pretty good without being touched, and I still
> haven't
> a clue how to find a profile for the printer.

http://www.color.org/srgbprofiles.xalter

dave,
i have used the srgb w/o black point scaling profile for several years with
no ill effects.  it's not the most scientific method, but i print the image
to see where i am, then iview the image on the screen after setting levels
and/or curves in my image and print again.  then i adjust the brightness of
the monitor to correspond with the printed image.  i also use the above
profile in my hardware and software color settings.

like i said, not very scientific, but i get prints that are of acceptable
density and color.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran