[scribus] importing pdf or eps files; 72 dpi?

acs acsfea at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:45:48 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am new here and new to scribus.  I am trying to write up a tech
document and I need to import some eps or pdf files.  How do I get
scribus to import them at a higher resolution than 72x72 dpi?  I need
resolution of 300x300 in order make the lines on the imported graphics
look smooth.  I tried setting the Files>Preferences>External Tools
Postsript Resolution to 300 dpi but that does not seem to help.  Am I
missing something simple here?

I am running on linux and using 1.3.3.13 release which is the stable
release for my distro.

Thanks,

Brian R