[scribus] importing pdf or eps files; 72 dpi?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 14:29:32 CEST 2009

On 09/03/2009 02:45 AM, acs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new here and new to scribus.  I am trying to write up a tech
> document and I need to import some eps or pdf files.  How do I get
> scribus to import them at a higher resolution than 72x72 dpi?  I need
> resolution of 300x300 in order make the lines on the imported graphics
> look smooth.  I tried setting the Files>Preferences>External Tools
> Postsript Resolution to 300 dpi but that does not seem to help.  Am I
> missing something simple here?
>
> I am running on linux and using 1.3.3.13 release which is the stable
> release for my distro.
With EPS, it's at least worth a try to see if Scribus can import as a
vector (File > Import > EPS).

With your PDF, there should be higher than 72 dpi when you import. It
may be hard to tell if you have your screen resolution set low (File >
Preferences > Tools > Image icon), but this is only the screen
resolution and not the import. Also, once to export to PDF there is a
setting for image resolution you want to set.

In the end, you won't know until you look at printed output or view the PDF.

Greg