[scribus] Copy and Paste into a text frame or story editor via clipboard from another application and retain font attributes?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 15:54:04 CET 2009

On 10/28/2009 10:34 AM, K.King wrote:
> Copy and Paste into a text frame or story editor via clipboard from
> another application and retain font attributes?
> Okay I would like to do the above, is this possible ?
> example if I have a PDF viewed in another application and if I
> highlight a range of text, copy it and then paste into a text frame or
> story editor only the text is seemingly brought across and all
> font/character attributes (font names, size of, Bold, Italic,
> Underline) seem to be ignored and lost. If there is quite a mixture of
> fonts and styles (for whatever reasons) then obviously it takes quite
> an amount of time and effort to re-apply the effects.
> I have found a work around by copy and pasting into an ODT file (via
> the clipboard and it does not appear to lose anything) and then using
> the append text option on a text frame use the odt file.
Except for ODT, you only have import of the text without styles. This
isn't a workaround with ODT, it's a specific import plugin written to do
this. It will not only import named Styles from openoffice.org, but also
apply character style changes within a line.

HTML may apply some styles, but they are limited and may not be as expected.

Greg