[scribus] Copy and Paste into a text frame or story editor via clipboard from another application and retain font attributes?

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 28 15:34:22 CET 2009

Copy and Paste into a text frame or story editor via clipboard from
another application and retain font attributes?
Okay I would like to do the above, is this possible ?
example if I have a PDF viewed in another application and if I highlight
a range of text, copy it and then paste into a text frame or story
editor only the text is seemingly brought across and all font/character
attributes (font names, size of, Bold, Italic, Underline) seem to be
ignored and lost. If there is quite a mixture of fonts and styles (for
whatever reasons) then obviously it takes quite an amount of time and
effort to re-apply the effects.
I have found a work around by copy and pasting into an ODT file (via the
clipboard and it does not appear to lose anything) and then using the
append text option on a text frame use the odt file.
Obviously there could still be limitations to handle gracefully like
fonts used in the pdf that do not exist on the host system, but
otherwise given you can copy and paste between frames should be a
possibility ?

K.