[scribus] the Ubuntu conundrum

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 18:20:50 CEST 2009

On 10/21/2009 09:44 AM, Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> believe me -- and I realize that may have been tongue-in-cheek --
> enormous success for a particular Linux distro can only be a good
> thing for all the other Linux distros.

The other thing from a development point-of-view is that there is
probably a need/value of some of us who may have one of these massive
hard drives on a computer to have more than one linux partition so we
can side-by-side see where there are issues with one distro or another.

I would add that this doesn't have to be devs doing this, but really
anyone who wants to help the project.

The only other thing to add is that maybe we can avoid arguing about how
popular or how many computers run this or that distro. I think what
Craig was referring to is the long-standing and really unsolvable issue
of knowing how much Linux is out there and what kind it is. This serves
proprietary OS companies, but is for the rest of us rather uninformative.

Greg