[scribus] Doing a cookbook - how to treat each recipe

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Oct 20 20:30:59 CEST 2009

wrote:
> > S B wrote:
> >>  Because I used more illustrations than normal, that seems
to be about
> >> the practical limit, and for the next lesson I'll have to break
things
> >> up. That said, I love Scribus.  I have InDesign, which
unfortunately is
> >> completely opaque to me, although I've produced a few
marketing
> >> materials with it.  I have to admit that my design talents
really leave
> >> something to be desired, but I certainly enjoy the
production process in
> >> Scribus. It's got just about everything I could imagine
wanting.Steve B.

> > Would it be less effort to get more memory into your PC ?
That would
> > also benefit other apps etc.
> >
> > I can manage up to 60 pages and could probably manage a
lot more using a
> > machine with 4 gig of RAM and a 2.4GHz cup.
> >
> > Like you I don't link many text boxes into chains and have a
lot of
> > graphics.
> >

> > Cheers, J/.
> > --
> > John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem
(Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
http://www.T4sLtd.co.uk/
> > Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice,
Sustainable Energy
> > Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard
Registered Assessor
> > Phone: 0845 4561332   Mobile: 07785 563116   Skype:
t4sustainability

The two things I spend money on are hardware and books. My
current machine is a no os Systemax bought from Tiger Direct for
less than $300. It has a dvd rw drive, a 250 gig sata drive, usb
ports front and back. Chip id 32 bit dual core. I loaded Slack 13 on
it.  Had to find and load sound drivers. My stepson with identical
box just plugged in an old sound card instead.

The usb keyboard was not too good. The letters wore off the
frequently used keys, and I had no keyboard at boot time for
selecting partitions.

I resurrected an ancient  non-usb keyboard and plugged it in.
Keyboard problems solved.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"