[scribus] the Ubuntu conundrum

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:47:34 CEST 2009

I'll just say, with caveats, that I've not had any problems with
Scribus on Ubuntu. but here are the caveats:

1) I am a pretty experience Linux user, and even specifically an
experienced Ubuntu user. I know most of the workarounds and fixes
and/or how to look them up, such that a big problem to a novice might
not seem like such a big deal to me. (I am not trying to be cocky,
smug, or bragging with this statement)

2) I don't use Scribus all that often, really

3) (regarding the font problem that started this thread) I haven't
tried installing fonts that aren't just available in the Ubuntu
package repos (there are a LOT of excellent fonts there, btw)

YMMV and all that. I've tried SuSE and frankly, it is just far less
appealing to use, to me, as a desktop OS, than is Ubuntu.

--
JDS