[scribus] fontmatrix makes firefox go gah gah

Jeffrey Silverman jeffrey.d.silverman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:53:41 CEST 2009

Quick trick:

Add new font files to /home/username/.fonts

Presto! they are available for (personal) use.

That is true, at least on Ubuntu and Fedora. I think that's a Gnome thing.

Anyway, I think Linux is actually *easier* to use for people with no
other OS use in their background. At least, from what I have seen.
Un-learning muscle memory actions can be hard. As Yoda said, unlearn
what you've learned. Throw out all of your Windows knowledge and
expectations and you will have a much easier time of it.

<snip!>I like Linux but must admit that
> there is a big learning curve that goes with it and my patience has been
> tried so often that I'm starting to loose count. I'm not ready to give up on
> it yet though.
<snip!>

--
JDS