[scribus] fontmatrix makes firefox go gah gah

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 16:56:06 CEST 2009

The version of Fontmatrix that you can get to easily from the Ubuntu
Add/Install utitility is an older version that just dosen't work. I never
could get it to work. The newer version (I believe it is 0.60 or something
like that) does work however. It is a bit clunky but at least it works. You
have to install it using the command line in the Termnial. There are some
instructions on how to do it that are not to difficult to follow (I had to
do it a couple of times before I got it right).

I also tried Fonty Python but I just couldn't figure out how to get it to
work so I got rid of it.

It is encouraging to hear someone say Scribus works like a charm on OpenSUSE
because that is what I am go to try next. I like Linux but must admit that
there is a big learning curve that goes with it and my patience has been
tried so often that I'm starting to loose count. I'm not ready to give up on
it yet though.

StevenD

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 06:19, Alexandre Prokoudine <
alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM, dwain wrote:
>
> > to my understanding, fonty python is only for ttf fonts.
>
> This really isn't so. It works with OTF, Type1 and TTC since 0.3.0,
> that is -- since January 2008.
>
> Alexandre

StevenD

Do you want it fast, good, or cheap? Choose any two.