[scribus] Font substitution not permanent

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 15:30:04 CEST 2009

On 10/18/2009 12:08 AM, Steven Dayton wrote:
> When I open a document I get a warning saying that Arial is missing and
> gives a substitution choice. There is a check box at the bottom of the
> dialog that I can check to make the substitutions permanent. I have done
> this quite a few times on the same document. I thought when I checked the
> box that the font I want in place of Arial would stick and I wouldn't the
> warning again. I have tried to save the file immediately after the document
> opens and while I am working on the document.
>
> Is this a bug in this version or am I not doing something or understanding
> this the right way.
>
> I'm working with Scribus version 1.3.5.1 (11 August 2009, Build ID:
> C-C-T-F-C1.8.6) on an Ubuntu 9.04. It is still a bit of a hassle to get the
> latest builds installed on this machine and I am wondering if anyone in the
> mean time can tell me if this works more recent builds. Or has anyone else
> experienced this?

Sounds like something isn't right.
Have you checked in File > Preferences > Fonts, under Substitutions, to
see if it's listed there?

You might also check Extras > Font Preview, and check Show Extended Font
Information to see what further info this might give you to help
understand this problem.

Greg