[scribus] Font substitution not permanent

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:49:29 CEST 2009

I checked the font preferences in the font substitution tab and it is listed
there. It says Arial is being substituted by Hypatia Sans Pro.

I also check the Font Preview in Extras and can't see anything out of the
ordinary other than the fact that Hypatia Sans Pro is an Open type font.

Could it be that because this is an Open type font and Scribus doesn't
support OT fonts (or at least that is what I was told) that is why permanent
font substitution isn't working?

StevenD

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 07:30, Gregory Pittman <gregp_ky at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 10/18/2009 12:08 AM, Steven Dayton wrote:
>
>> When I open a document I get a warning saying that Arial is missing and
>> gives a substitution choice. There is a check box at the bottom of the
>> dialog that I can check to make the substitutions permanent. I have done
>> this quite a few times on the same document. I thought when I checked the
>> box that the font I want in place of Arial would stick and I wouldn't the
>> warning again. I have tried to save the file immediately after the
>> document
>> opens and while I am working on the document.
>>
>> Is this a bug in this version or am I not doing something or understanding
>> this the right way.
>>
>> I'm working with Scribus version 1.3.5.1 (11 August 2009, Build ID:
>> C-C-T-F-C1.8.6) on an Ubuntu 9.04. It is still a bit of a hassle to get
>> the
>> latest builds installed on this machine and I am wondering if anyone in
>> the
>> mean time can tell me if this works more recent builds. Or has anyone else
>> experienced this?
>>

> Sounds like something isn't right.
> Have you checked in File > Preferences > Fonts, under Substitutions, to see
> if it's listed there?
>
> You might also check Extras > Font Preview, and check Show Extended Font
> Information to see what further info this might give you to help understand
> this problem.
>
> Greg

StevenD

Do you want it fast, good, or cheap? Choose any two.