[scribus] Barcode broken?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:12:33 CEST 2009

John Jason Jordan said the following at 10/15/2009 10:12 AM :

> Also, I see a potential for a massive and expensive error happening. I
> entered my code and the script created the barcode for the default code
> without warning me that it was not using my code. If I had not noticed
> that the numbers under the barcode were not my numbers I might have
> placed the barcode on the document, thinking it was correct. What if I
> didn't discover it was incorrect until after a bookstore returned the
> first shipment of books?

Man, you had me very worried there for a moment. I had to go check my most
recent book, which has been published but hasn't yet hit retail outlets.
Phew, it was fine.

I created the barcode the same way I have always done: by entering the ISBN
exactly as issued -- all the numbers, including the check.

Maybe the behaviour you describe is a recent change (regression?), because
I am using 1.3.5svn from 26 January, 2009, which is what the is contained
in the official current Kubuntu scribus-ng package; and like I say, that
seems to work fine.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR