[scribus] Copy/Paste on Fedora

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 15:19:57 CEST 2009

On 10/13/2009 03:13 AM, S C ribus wrote:
> I have recently switched to Fedora 11 and meet an unexpected problem when trying to copy paste from a text file into Scribus (1.3.3.13).
>
> On my former windows install I could open notepad and copy paste directly into a text frame (through the editor), which is nice when you have your copy in one text file, for which small segments need to be in text boxes with different text properties.
>
> I ended up getting the whole of the text into a text frame and removing all but the 2-3 sentences I need for that specific text frame but it's not very convenient.

In the past I've noted there can be some strangeness with copy-paste
with the Fedoras -- you will copy something, but paste pastes something
older. It can be worked around by clicking on the selection in Klipper,
but that seems inconvenient.

I've found that the native editors for Gnome and KDE work better, so
using Kate or gedit usually accomplishes these copy-paste operations
without flaws.

Greg