[scribus] Copy/Paste on Fedora

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Oct 13 14:56:24 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 03:13:49 S C ribus wrote:
> I have recently switched to Fedora 11 and meet an unexpected
problem when
> trying to copy paste from a text file into Scribus (1.3.3.13).
>
> On my former windows install I could open notepad and copy
paste directly
> into a text frame (through the editor), which is nice when you
have your
> copy in one text file, for which small segments need to be in
text boxes
> with different text properties.
>
> I ended up getting the whole of the text into a text frame and
removing all
> but the 2-3 sentences I need for that specific text frame but it's
not very
> convenient.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Cedric

From what program are you cutting? I find that I can call up a text
file in Gvim, highlight the necessary text, and paste it into e.g.,
Scribus. Copying from Firefox can be more troublesome. It
depends on how the html document is set up.  But for short
passages you could open the source of the html page, highlight
the short sentence or two, and paste them into Scribus.

You may have to copy explicitly to the Linux clipboard and then
paste from that. Use right click to paste.

I just used the clipboard technique to copy the above sentence
and then paste into the story editor of a text frame in Scribus
1.3.5.

Currently I use the xfce graphic interface for Linux (Slackware
and xubuntu in my case.) What gui are you using, KDE 4.0
perhaps?

--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"