[scribus] Double-sided layout in A4 - how would you do that in 8.5x11?

Victor Papp victor at vpapp.com
Tue Oct 6 07:45:53 CEST 2009

Hi.

If your original document (in OO) doesn't match final product size (half
of  Letter paper), the you should resize your pages first.
Anyway start with creating a postscript file.
You can use any Postscript printer driver and print to file.
I am using ghostscript for printing to ps and pdf from any application.
See http://www.stat.tamu.edu/~henrik/GSWriter/GSWriter.html
<http://www.stat.tamu.edu/%7Ehenrik/GSWriter/GSWriter.html>
(similar for postscript)

So, you should
1. create a PS file
2. resize each page to final size using
pstops -wOrigwidthmm -hOrigheightmm "1:0 at .7"  source.ps resized.ps

OrigWidth and Origheight are page dimensions in mm, like
pstops -w210mm -h297mm "1:0 at .7"  source.ps resized.ps

this resizes each page to 70% (multiplies size with 0.7)
you can use any multiplier here

3. then go with psbook and others

for 4 pages per sheet you should use pstops as well.
It allows move, rotate and resize pages, imposing pages for books many
possible ways.

When final ps ready, convert it to pdf for print.

Victor.