[scribus] object is imported pdf file

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Tue Oct 6 10:26:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

Thomas Kratz wrote:
> I open the original pdf with adobe reader and open it again with adobe
> reader after I put it into scribus and exported it with the pdf-function.
>
> Here is what the origianl lools like:
>
> http://www.spirituelles-portal.de/pdf/orginal1.pdf
>
> and here after I put it into scribus:
>
> http://www.spirituelles-portal.de/pdf/scribus1.pdf
>
> In scribus1 the photo is much darker and Robert looks like he needs a
> shave urgently, while in the original you hardly notice this ... :-)

A quick test seems to confirm my suspicions; this may be a
color management issue. The original PDF was probably made
using a specific color profile (Apple RGB is not far from
being correct) and either you don't have CM active or you
have imported the PDF as standard Adobe RGB (1998) or sRGB.

To change ICC-profile, there's a drop-down box for input
profiles under the 'Image'-tab in the 'Properties' palette.

There are others on this list which have more expertise in
CM than I do.

Best regards

Sveinn í Felli