[scribus] Double-sided layout in A4 - how would you do that in 8.5x11?

Bruce Griffis bruce.griffis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:13:22 CEST 2009

This sounds very similar to what I am trying to do. I am working on a
cookbook using OpenOffice. It's getting there. I was thinking of
printing it brochure style, using 8.5x11 paper on it's side, 2 pages
per side, 4 pages per sheet. I am using Ubuntu (well, Kubuntu),
OpenOffice and trying to learn Scribus. I exported the document as a
PDF, but do not know how to format it to print as a brochure (well,
OpenOffice has Brochure-mode, but that doesn't keep formatting when I
export as PDF).

I followed the instructions below, and got a cool PDF in brochure
mode, 2 pages per side, 4 pages per sheet - but what command should I
use if I opt for 8.5x11 Letter paper? How about Legal (8.5x14)? Or
tabloid (11x17)? I'd like to run off a few pages n each size to see
what "reads" best.

(I know - I need to find the psutils wiki or do a man psutils)