[scribus] Windows 7

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Nov 16 10:32:51 CET 2009

hi
>> You can have 2x "Phenom x3", or 2x Core2Quad/Phenom x4 or also 2x i7.
>> Wich gives you 6, 8 or 16 threads.
>
> Ok, that put things right again - I got it completely wrong. So, not
> that bitter I thought it would be :-)

and i thought that one single windows seven thread was more than enough...

> Yep, I got the expression wrong - thought of 2 real CPU cores in one
> die which would have excluded Xeon-like setups.
>
> What I still do not understand, however, is why they push a Home
> Premium version without XP emulation (almost all new machines sold
> come with it). End users will have a great bunch of older software
> they depend on which they will want to continue using. As far as I can
> see, they would have to upgrade to Professional to be able to use XP
> emulation. Or did I get this wrong, too? :-)

AFAIK, the problem was, that they didn't get the third mouse button to
work for XP emulation in Home Premium because of the missing Active
Directory synchronization boost. We are lucky, they decided to force the
user needing the XP compatibility layer to upgrade to Professional
instead of downgrading to a one button APPLE mouse.

hasta la vista hombres
a.l.e