[scribus] Windows 7

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Nov 16 08:21:22 CET 2009

Richard schrieb:
> You can have 2x "Phenom x3", or 2x Core2Quad/Phenom x4 or also 2x i7.
> Wich gives you 6, 8 or 16 threads.

Ok, that put things right again - I got it completely wrong. So, not
that bitter I thought it would be :-)

> Windows Seven is mainly an end user OS, so, how much end users would
> want 16 threads?, also anyone who buys more than 2x i7 and the
> corresponding MAINBOARD for 1 computer, can also buy a Windows Server
> supporting more than 2 Physical CPUs.

Yep, I got the expression wrong - thought of 2 real CPU cores in one die
which would have excluded Xeon-like setups.

What I still do not understand, however, is why they push a Home Premium
version without XP emulation (almost all new machines sold come with
it). End users will have a great bunch of older software they depend on
which they will want to continue using. As far as I can see, they would
have to upgrade to Professional to be able to use XP emulation. Or did I
get this wrong, too? :-)

Rolf