[scribus] Windows 7

Steven Dayton daytonmeister at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 02:20:20 CET 2009

I just got a new computer and upgraded to Windows 7. I am running
Inkscape, GIMP, and Scribus as well as a couple of other open source
apps and they all seem to run fine. I only had one crash with Inkscape
but nothing too serious that I was working on that caused great grief.
I am running Scribus 1.3.6svn but haven't really done much with it yet
as I have been working mostly with Inkscape. So far though I haven't
encountered any problems with this version of Scribus. I like this new
machine and am not letting any of my family get near it. So far after
working about a week and a half with Window 7 I rather like it.

StevenD

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 16:25, John Beardmore <John at t4sltd.co.uk> wrote:
> My laptop has trashed its XP boot disk.
>
> As I'm rebuilding from scratch, I though I might as well put a more up to
> date OS on it.
>
> This machine has to be an MS OS, but as the reviews of windows 7 suggest
> that they haven't made a complete vista of it, I thought I might give that a
> go. So...
>
> Has anybody used Scribus 1.3.6 under windows 7 ?  (And for that matter Gimp
> and possibly Inkscape ?)
>
> Further, is it worth considering the 64 bit version of windows 7 ?  Does
> that run the 32 bit scribus builds OK ?
>
> And in the long run, is it expected that there will be 64 bit compiles of
> Scribus for windows 7 ?
>

> Cheers, J/.
> --
> John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
> Managing Director, T4 Sustainability Limited. http://www.T4sLtd.co.uk/
> Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy
> Consultancy and Installation, Carbon Trust Standard Registered Assessor
> Phone: 0845 4561332   Mobile: 07785 563116   Skype: t4sustainability

StevenD

Do you want it fast, good, or cheap? Choose any two.