[scribus] Windows 7

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Nov 12 00:25:17 CET 2009

My laptop has trashed its XP boot disk.

As I'm rebuilding from scratch, I though I might as well put a more up
to date OS on it.

This machine has to be an MS OS, but as the reviews of windows 7 suggest
that they haven't made a complete vista of it, I thought I might give
that a go. So...

Has anybody used Scribus 1.3.6 under windows 7 ?  (And for that matter
Gimp and possibly Inkscape ?)

Further, is it worth considering the 64 bit version of windows 7 ?  Does
that run the 32 bit scribus builds OK ?

And in the long run, is it expected that there will be 64 bit compiles
of Scribus for windows 7 ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore,MSc EDM (Open),B.A. Chem (Oxon),CMIOSH,CEnv,AIEMA,MEI
Energy Audit, Carbon Management, Design Advice, Sustainable Energy