[scribus] Windows 7

Richard eyelagui at adinet.com.uy
Thu Nov 12 02:56:03 CET 2009

Hello John.

I´m using Seven on "all" my computers, from a 3000+ Athlon(1 core)/1GB,
passing thru my laptop Athlon TK57(2 cores)/4GB up to the Phenom 8650(3
cores)/4GB desktop.
Even an old 1300MHz Tualatin Celeron with 512MB.

IT WORKS!
¿fine, good, bad?.... it works, flawlessly.

2 computers with 64bits version and 2 with 32 bits version.
The Celeron goes fine, not too fast, but enough for an office usage and
internet.

I`m using on my both main computers the following software:

/Mozilla Thunderbird, Mozilla Firefox, Trillian 3, Skype, WinSCP, Putty,
WinMTR
OpenOffice 3.1
Scribus (1.3.3.13), Inkscape, Gimp, Blender, Google Sketchup
Aimp, Media Player Classic, VirtualDub (and Mod), ffdshow(k-lite+etc),
Avisynth, Jahshaka
7zip, Infrarecorder/
VirtualBox
qemu (emulating OLPC -XO-)

On my laptop is also installed: xHarbour, Harbour, Borland C++ 5.5,
OpenWatcom, PellesC, Firebird 2.1 and FlameRobin, plus some special text
editors.

And the Athlon 3000 also has: Audition and Audacity.

Again: Flawlessly
Everytime i find a 64bits version of any program, i give it a try,
usually they work fine, unless on beta or alike.
Every 32bits program has worked as always did.

Dont fall into scare, if you seek for issues, surely you`ll find some,
i'm always trying to find solutions, and i had never found any issue.
Anyway, there has been nothing that didn't work, except for some very
very old programs, mostly DOS, but they work on virtalbox+freedos,
bochs, qemu or any other emulator/VM.
There is also some really old hardware that does not work, but even an
old SoundBlaster live! value is working (kxdriver).

Have a nice time reinstalling.

PS: BTW, almost everything is also working fine on Linux (x64).....