[scribus] PDF creation in karmic

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:20:20 CET 2009

Thomas Zastrow said the following at 11/05/2009 12:14 PM :
> <snip />
>
> D.R. Evans send me his files and I was able to reproduce the crashes
> under the newest Ubuntu 9.10 with its Scribus NG package.
>
> Under Windows, I was able to create the PDF file, but there was still
> something wrong with the fonts.
>
> So, I tried again under OpenSuse and voila - there was no crash and the
> PDF file looks perfect.
>
> To be honest, my OpenSuse-Scribus is a self-compiled version and just
> two weeks old or so. I will now try to compile 1.3.5svn under Ubuntu and
> see, if the problems are gone with the newest Scribus version there.

Tom beat me to the punch. I was going to post about how helpful he's being,
and, when we know, how other karmic users can (maybe) work around the problem.

At this point, users of karmic should be aware that there is a definite
reproducible problem that seems to be associated with PDF creation, at
least with some Scribus files. This problem did not exist in jaunty.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR