[scribus] PDF creation in karmic

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 00:39:44 CET 2009

Forwarded Message: [scribus] PDF creation in karmic
[scribus] PDF creation in karmic
Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:30 PM
From:"D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com>

Has anyone here who runs karmic been able to create a PDF?

The karmic version of Scribus gives a build date that matches the date for
jaunty, but I get a Scribus crash every time I try to generate a PDF even
though it worked fine in jaunty. (This is the scribus-ng package, which has
always worked fine for me in the past, through the last several Kubuntu
releases.)

  Doc

I just created a PDF file using Kubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) without any problem (except that all my normal fonts seem to have disappeared).

I am using Scribus 1.3.3.13svn, which is what got loaded when I upgraded.

Murray