[scribus] attn: developers [OT]

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sat May 23 08:10:49 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Jurgen Gaeremyn <
jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be> wrote:

> Hi Dwain,
>
> If the bug report has been filed, I assume that the bug will get its place
> somewhere in the bug-list-hierarchy... and when/if the report reaches top of
> the stack, it will be addressed.
>
> I'd like to turn your suggestion around: apparently it's also in your
> corporate interest that as many programs as possible work well with Nitro
> PDF 6.

i'm just an end user of open source and commercial products.  i have no
commercial interest in nitro pdf.  i just know that adobe acrobat (with the
exception of v.5) will open pdf forms from scribus and since nitro pdf is
less expensive than acrobat (and less bloated also) i have a tool that does
what i need with the exception of opening scribus produced files.

> In many open source projects, input from professional programmers into the
> source code has added great value to the output. Maybe you could invite (a
> part of) your programming crew to join the Scribus team. That way they can
> address the issues related to conjunction ... and also contribute to the
> Scribus project.

i have filed a pre-release bug with the nitro team along with the sla and
pdf files from scribus.  i will pass this idea of yours along to the nitro
team and see what happens.

> This will result in...
> ...your programmers gaining insight in (apparently, since it crashed
> Nitro,) a different PDF-approach, generating a more robust Nitro code.
> ... the Scribus code working more stable - more bugs getting fixed
> ... the open source mindset entering your company engineers.
> ... possibly the added satisfaction of helping developing a widely used
> program (to be a little blunt: wider spread than Nitro PDF, I dare assume)

this is true.  does the adobe acrobat team work in conjunction with the
scribus team?  this bit of information would be helpful to know if they do
when i approach the folks on the nitro beta team about working with the
scribus team.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran