[scribus] attn: developers [OT]

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
Sat May 23 08:23:30 CEST 2009

dwain wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Jurgen Gaeremyn <
> jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dwain,
>>
>> If the bug report has been filed, I assume that the bug will get its place
>> somewhere in the bug-list-hierarchy... and when/if the report reaches top of
>> the stack, it will be addressed.
>>
>> I'd like to turn your suggestion around: apparently it's also in your
>> corporate interest that as many programs as possible work well with Nitro
>> PDF 6.
>>
> i'm just an end user of open source and commercial products. <snip...>
Oops... I made a wrong assumption here.

> this is true.  does the adobe acrobat team work in conjunction with the
> scribus team?  this bit of information would be helpful to know if they do
> when i approach the folks on the nitro beta team about working with the
> scribus team.

I don't think so. I do think though that Adobe has some sprouting
connections with the Open Source community - but as I'm not a programmer
myself, I can't really tell.

Obviously, I left out the counter arguments as I was assuming that you
were on the Nitro-team: there's quite an overhead in getting acqainted
in new code... and dedicating a programmer to a project (even partially)
is quite an investment.