[scribus] Tried to add Scribus to repository, Ubuntu 9.04

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed May 20 20:57:01 CEST 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 13:57:05 -0400
OM <malex at scribus.info> dijo:

> * John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2009-05-20 09:20:05 -0700]:

> > Now if Update Manager would just find the release candidate of 1.3.5
> > for my Jaunty x86_64 so I can upgrade my April 19 Beta version the easy
> > way. :)

> I've RC1 packages for amd64 and i386 for both intrepid and jaunty in our
> archive. It looks like the archive generation software is having a fit
> producing proper control files. I've just tried re-updating them, so please
> reload your package database and see if the new package version
> 1.3.5.dfsg~svn20090518rc1-1 shows up.

I just tried Update Manager and it still didn't find it. I have the
scribus and tagancha repositories enabled, and they have worked for all
the updates so far.

I don't know why the RC isn't showing up. But don't worry. I'm in no
rush at all. I finished the project I was working on in 1.3.5 Beta and
have nothing to do for a few days until it comes back from the
proofreaders. I could install from a deb but since I have plenty of
time I'll just wait.