[scribus] Tried to add Scribus to repository, Ubuntu 9.04

OM malex at scribus.info
Wed May 20 19:57:05 CEST 2009

* John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2009-05-20 09:20:05 -0700]:

> On Wed, 20 May 2009 11:34:53 -0400
> "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters at jamadots.com> dijo:
>
> > Thanks kindly a.l.e. & Kevin, that got me Scribus 1.3.3.13  /update,/ I
> > was rather hoping it might get me the mighty 1.5 version, recently
> > advertised...
> >
> > Henry
> >
> > P.s., The "Update manager" icon (after restarting in recovery mode
> > (which didn't help, naturally), etc. & normal rebooting) popped up on
> > the menu bar & allowed me to take the faulty fatal flawed line 54 off
> > the system by going to the "preferences" menu.
>
> There are lots of other ways to repair/change/update things on a Debian
> distro. Your repositories are located in a simple text
> file /etc/apt/sources.list. You can edit it manually using the command
> line as root with sudo, e.g., "sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list." (Make
> a backup of the file first!) And after you edit and save the file you
> can do "sudo apt-get update," which will do the same as "Reload" from
> the Synaptic menu.
>
> I prefer to use Synaptic most of the time, as the GUI is faster than
> typing. But using the command line, as in your case above, would have
> eliminated the need to reboot.
>
> Now if Update Manager would just find the release candidate of 1.3.5
> for my Jaunty x86_64 so I can upgrade my April 19 Beta version the easy
> way. :)

John,

I've RC1 packages for amd64 and i386 for both intrepid and jaunty in our
archive. It looks like the archive generation software is having a fit
producing proper control files. I've just tried re-updating them, so please
reload your package database and see if the new package version
1.3.5.dfsg~svn20090518rc1-1 shows up.

Regards,

Alex

If it doesn't work you could manually install the deb from direct links:

http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/jaunty/main/binary-amd64/scribus-ng_1.3.5.dfsg~svn20090518rc1-1_amd64.deb

or
http://debian.tagancha.org/debian/dists/intrepid/main/binary-amd64/scribus-ng_1.3.5.dfsg~svn20090518rc1-1_amd64.deb