[scribus] scribus feature request

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun May 10 09:12:41 CEST 2009

> Hi list,
>
> i am starting with Scribus, so i am a newbie. I could not find a way
> to use
> styles in Scribus sensibly, so either it's seriously flawed or i am -
> couldn't find a way to use styling.
>
> Is it true that in Scribus every paragraph needs to be given a style
> after
> f.i. importing text from an odt document? I would think that a normal
> user
> would like to select every paragraph and apply a style to the
> selection in
> one go.
> Is it possible in Scribus to define text styles, apart from paragraph
> styles? If you want to use style in a document both types are
> necessary but
> i couldn't find a way to select them while editing texts.

Hi,

Just to make sure you are doing it correctly when importing from Open
Office:

1. Right click in the text frame
2. Select 'Get Text'
3. Select your OO document

You will then be asked if you want to;

4. Overwrite paragraph styles - Takes in the OO styles
5. Merge Paragraph styles - Tries to eliminate similiar, but
differently named styles
6. Use the imported document name as a prefix for the styles

If you then wish to change a paragraph style, then do so in the editor
with another defined style. You can edit the imported style, that will
then affect all the document assigned that style in one go.

In Scribus-1.3.3.x you can only change the text style in the paragraph
style or by using the "Edit contents of Frame" button

In Scribus-1.3.5 it is possible to create seperate character and
paragraph styles

--

Owen